How to choose a bike
Here are a few key questions to ask when buying a new bike –
- Is this the proper frame size for my body? Make sure you are fitted by a trained employee!
- Will this bicycle support the type of riding I would like to do?
- What is the wheel size? What size tubes will I need for it?
- What material is the bicycle made out of? What are the benefits and disadvantages of the materials?
- Can I add racks to this bicycle to carry gear?
- What is the return policy?
- Is there a warranty? What does it cover?
- Can I bring the bike in for tune-ups? What is the service fee?
Information to share with the employee
- How far you plan on riding the bike per use.
- If you plan on using racks and panniers.
- If you will be attaching a child-carrying device.
- What type of terrain you will be riding on (country roads, urban environment, mountains)