We’re Hiring! Seeking Creative Web Developer/SEO Engineer
Description: Web Developer/SEO Engineer
Cyclists Inciting Change through LIVE Exchange (C.I.C.L.E.) is a Los Angeles based not-for-profit helping riders of all ages and skill levels use bicycles for everyday transportation. We believe that bicycling can improve our health, build community, save us money, and protect our environment, all while being fun!
C.I.C.L.E. seeks a creative Web Developer/SEO Engineer to create a new website for our organization. The website serves as a platform to access resources, register for programming, and promote events. We aim to have a site that is fresh, creative, and easy to navigate in order to increase the organization’s visibility, impact and reach. This is a contract position. The ideal candidate is a bicycle aficionado who can seamlessly integrate a passion for two wheels into their work and creativity.
Web Developer Job Purpose: The Web Developer/SEO Engineer is responsible for designing, coding, implementing and maintaining a new website, from layout to function, according to C.I.C.L.E’s specifications. The Web Developer will create a visually appealing site that features user-friendly design and clear navigation.
Web Developer/SEO Engineer Job Duties and Expectations:
- Regular collaboration with C.I.C.L.E. staff, as well as the authority and scope to apply your expertise to many technical challenges.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- The position requires in-person communication with C.I.C.L.E. staff in Los Angeles.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings along with the constraints set by development and design.
- Work with staff on style and approach for all components.
- Provide design elements, templates and finished solutions.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services is needed to be successful in this position.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications.
- Basic understanding of how search engines and their spiders index and rank websites.
- Experience with URL rewrites.
- Four to five years of experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design
- Degree in graphic design, art or related field or equivalent academic and work experience
Commensurate with experience.
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary history and three examples of completed website projects to email@example.com, in a single PDF (with links to websites) by Friday, March 6th at 5 p.m. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. C.I.C.L.E. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, and people with disabilities. Candidates are encouraged to submit application materials early.
How to reach us:
4610 Eagle Rock Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90041